09/Mar/05 14:05 Filed in: Web | Computers | MobileMe
As per usual, published instructions don’t keep up with reality. When trying to redirect a domain name managed under NetFirms.ca I discovered the following hint/fix.
You can follow the directions
on the NetFirms site, but will find that the steps underB. Configure your CNAME via the Netfirms Control Panel:
need to be altered.
- When in the NetFirms Control Panel screen, select “Domain Manager” under the Domains tab.
- Pop open the settings for the desired domain name listed
- Enable the “Domain Forwarding to Specific URL”
- Now, instead of entering just the web.me.com domain as specified in their instructions, be sure to add your me.com user name.
- Enable Masking if so desired.
- Click “Update” to complete the process.
- (everything on the me.com side is as per the NetFirms or me.com instructions).
For TechConficio, the Domain Manager screen looks like the picture below just before I click “Update”.
09/Mar/03 17:49 Filed in: iPhone
So, when designing an iPhone/Touch app, how do you decide how much detail to build in on using the UI? I recently was questioning whether or not to repeatedly tell uses that double-tapping the screen/view will toggle a menu. Is it intuitive to double-tap?
On the Mac, most people know about double-clicking and I don’t feel the need to let them know to do that. Option-clicking is a different thing and there should be a tool tip or doc that explains it. What do you think?
With the iPhone, we all see little kids that just start jabbing away and quickly figure out all the possible touch combos to run an app. Older, perhaps dogmatic(?) users take longer to figure things out.
To whom should one cater?